Do you employ PHP developers, but don't have the in-house expertise to take their skills to the next level?
Do you have a junior developer looking to move to a mid-level role, or a mid-level developer looking to become a senior developer or team leader?
I offer a mentoring programme, tailored to improve your developers' PHP and related skills. They'll have a safe space to discuss technical problems, conferences, internal career progression and much more.
Your developers will be delighted with the boost I'll give to their career paths, while you'll have efficient and highly trained employees. It's a win for everyone.
Where I can help
The PHP, MySQL and related problems I can help with include:
- Migrating between different versions of PHP.
- Pair programming, where two developers work together to solve a problem.
- Managing and improving legacy code and systems.
- Adopting modern development practices such as testing, automated deployments and version control.
- Improving site performance, such as optimising database queries.
- Building secure systems.
Experience and skills
I have extensive experience, qualifications and skills that will be available to your developers. These include:
- Expertise in PHP and MySQL.
- Delivery of training on Ansible and Git.
- Confidence speaking on a range of technical and non-technical topics.
- Building commercial websites since 2001.
- Degrees in Computer Science (BSc (Hons) and MPhil) from the University of Manchester.
- Loyal clients of 4+ years' standing.
- 13 years in both full-time employment and as a freelancer in public and private sectors, working with organisations from 1 to over 10,000 staff.
- Past director of 4 companies (2 private sector, 2 voluntary sector).
For full details please see my portfolio, CV and LinkedIn profile.
All mentoring is delivered remotely during my normal working hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding UK bank holidays). This enables me to support developers across the UK (and further afield, timezones permitting), regardless of whether they work on-site or remotely.
I offer mentoring over whatever system works best for your developers - I currently use Skype, Zoom, Teams and Slack.
I'll provide you a bespoke quote for this service, based on how many developers need mentoring and what level of help they need. Fees are based on the value I deliver, not on a fixed hourly rate.
Please contact me for a free initial discussion, after which I'll provide a quote tailored to your requirements.
I'll normally respond to your enquiry by the end of the next working day. I'll be able to reply more thoroughly if you include the following information in your initial email:
- Number of developers who need mentoring.
- Current skill level of developers.
- Your budget for mentoring.
If I can't help for any reason, I'll let you know in my initial response.
So get in touch now on email@example.com and take the first step to improving the skills of your developers.